Pages

Sunday, August 31, 2008

My Little Buddy is 7!

Saturday night was my cousin's 7th birthday party! I know how cliche this is, but time goes so fast. I remember when he was born! Actually, I remember when his mom was pregnant with him. I remember this one specific day I was at her house, she made me a peanut butter and fluff sandwich (My first one and a really cool idea), and I was asking her what she planned to name her baby. At that point, she didn't know if it was a boy of a girl. I remember wishing my new cousin would be a baby girl, but I love Michael and I can't believe he's 7 already. The way he talks now...he uses bigger words than me. Even though I see him all the time, I'm always amazed at how grown-up he is. I'm beginning to understand why relatives always say, "I can't believe how tall you are!" Time gets away from them, too.

We were playing with their Mr. Potato Heads and made these strangely cute things.



On another note, I finally watched The Notebook the other day! Everybody says it made them cry, and since I don't usually get so emotional over romantic stuff, I was really testing to see if it would affect me. I didn't want to be the only girl who didn't cry watching The Notebook. I'm happy to say that I blubbered. It was really cute.

Oh, and I'm reading Breaking Dawn now. Everyone told me it's weak, so I wasn't expecting much from it, but I really like it! The beginning was a little detached and seemed like a totally different author writing, but it's so cute that Edward can hear the baby's thoughts. I like how the middle is in Jacob's point-of-view. He's less annoying then Bella.

One thing I don't get...and I know everyone's been saying this...how can Edward get Bella pregnant?? I know it's fiction and all, but it doesn't even fall logically into their fiction world. He doesn't even have a heartbeat, and all the fluid in his body was replaced with venom when he became a vampire (on top of all the other stuff wrong with it). It really bugged me at the beginning, but if Meyer says they can have a part-human vampire baby, then guess I'll roll with it.

Happy Labor Day!

1 comment:

  1. omg those are the CUTEST potato heads ever!!
    where did you manage to find those!?

    ReplyDelete