Pages

Sunday, August 3, 2008

Waiting for Mail--Bad Way to Spend Sunday

So I placed an order at borders.com about three weeks ago--New Moon (Twilight book), The Brady Bunch Movie, and "3rd Rock from the Sun: Season 3". I had a gift card. Borders promised an e-mail telling me my order shipped--it hasn't come yet. Basically, I've been waiting around impatiently for three weeks for the stupid UPS truck to show. No truck. Apparently The Brady Bunch Movie is on backorder. How many people are buying that movie? They should have tons of dusty ones laying around in the back. Alas, today is Sunday. At least every other day of the week gives me some hope for that brown truck. Sunday is hope-crushing. There's no way that truck is coming, so I have to find something else to occupy my mind. This is what happens when they give you free shipping.

I never read the horoscope section of the newspaper, but I was desperately seeking something to read while I ate breakfast this morning. This is what came up on me:

Scorpio: You have a way of putting things that makes people's ears perk up. It's seductive, this attention you get from being knowledgeable.

Hmmm...my knowledge is seductive? If I believed in astrology, that would be a good luck sort of thing, right? I find it hard to believe that the 750-or-so million November babies in the world all have "a way of putting things that makes people's ears perk up." Maybe it depends on the way you translate it...it's vague enough to apply to everyone in one way or another.

My day has been incredibly uninspiring. No stories to tell, so here's a picture that my sister implored me to post. It's a sugar glider (type of opossum) and incredibly cute. I got it from Flickr.



This is another adorable animal: my bird, Roxy. I usually criticize people who constantly post pictures of their pets, but I have nothing better to talk about, and this picture was just too cute.





Thought for the day: In any pile of french fries, the longest ones always get eaten first, even if they're at the bottom of the pile covered by a bunch of small ones.

Sigh. Hopefully tomorrow will be more post-inspiring than my rant about Borders. I'm supposedly getting my learner's permit. I should have done it last November, but I slacked off. At least it'll give me something to write about!

No comments:

Post a Comment