Pages

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Halloween Tomorrow!~

Someone in newspaper was nice to me! No...an editor in newspaper was nice to me. Shock. My government teacher gave me an idea for an article, so I was going to ask if I could change mine and write about that instead. I like hers better, and I don't have to be so dependent on other kids for content. I was pretty much bracing myself for a deluge of that senior condescension I have grown so fond of, but he gave me an actual, reasonable response like a normal person! I just have to show him drafts of both on Monday and he'll pick. Wow, I wanted to hug him. He lowered my level of editor-directed cynicism.

Ahh! Halloween is tomorrow!! I AM SO EXCITED!! Since I'm in Key Club, I'm trick-or-treating for UNICEF, collecting money for the kids in Swaziland with HIV/AIDS. The president said this at the meeting today: There are more AIDS-infected people in Swaziland than in New York, Los Angeles, and Chicago combined. According to the website, 12 million children in sub-Saharan Africa alone are orphans because their parents died from AIDS.

They don't have good water or health care over there, so this year's UNICEF trick-or-treaters are collecting money to build shelters where these kids can get some medical care, food, water, and clean clothes. If you don't have anything to do tomorrow, get a box at Hallmark and trick-or-treat for UNICEF. Selena Gomez is doing it!

My little sister's big into spreading the word around. She's on a committee at her school to get people involved.

I'm also celebrating my 16th birthday this weekend. I can't believe I'm actually excited about that, but I am. A month ago, I hated the idea of turning 16, but now I figure it's going to happen whether I like it or not, so I might as well have fun with it! Happy Halloween Eve!

Oh, and thanks for "boo"ing me Kelsey!

Juliana

2 comments:

  1. Go Nick!! I luv that guy.

    Sweet 16!!! My gosh you're young!! Now you can get a license (officially) and I think that's about it. 16 is fun, you'll enjoy it.
    Are you going to do anything special? I didn't have a party or anything for mine; I got to go on a business trip to Boston with my dad. I was looking at pictures today on the plane and I was in shock that it was 2 years ago! Soon you'll be 18!

    hmmm now I get to go birthday shopping for 2 people in Chicago!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, Nick was nice to me today, too o.O but I was talking about Ragel. It think everyone was placated over the issue coming out. Gabby was even good today.

    I'm having a (sort of) birthday party tomorrow and my friends are over now to do Halloween. Have fun shopping!!

    ReplyDelete