Pages

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

You're so vain!

Ni xi huan dan gao? Do you like cake?
Wo ai dan gao! Wo de dan gao shi hao! Ni de dan gao hao ma?
I love cake! My cake is good! Is your cake good?

Hehe. I love Chinese. I can't remember how to write cake though. It was a bonus on today's test, but I only got it half right.

I was eating a Halloween Oreo today that tasted like candy corn >.> Coincidence?

It's only Wednesday (right there, I almost sad Thursday) and it feels like it should at least be Thursday. At least I get to go into school late tomorrow, and that means newspaper is shorter. Mwaha =]

I need something to talk about...

X-E (my favorite website ever) is setting up for Christmas! Oooh, ooh! I just thought of something!

Carly Simon is going to tell people the name of the guy who inspired "You're So Vain" one letter at a time. She hasn't given out any new letters since 2004 I think because so far, the letters she has revealed could fit any of the three suspected guys. If she gives out any more, it would give it away.

She gave out an E, an A, and an R. The three suspected guys are Mick Jagger, Warren Beatty, and James Taylor. This June, she supposedly told Howard Stern the name of the guy.

In interviews, Warren Beatty has said that the song is totally all about him and people should stop speculating. You're so vain, you probably think this song is about you.



I love this song. It's cool that she's trying to regenerate hype about her song that' Billboard's 72nd best song of all time, but has fallen into obscurity like most things from the 70s. I have her on my iPod, so I'm doing my part. ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment