Pages

Thursday, September 4, 2008

I'm a Selfish Cat Killer

That's how I'm scripted in our dialogue for Spanish class. My partner came up with it, and even though it's ridiculous, it's funny enough that I didn't protest. The story is that he fell off a roof and broke his leg (which actually happened...he's on crutches now), and I tell him my cat is stuck in a tree. He heroically decides to rescue my cat even with his broken leg. After he saves it, I don't want it anymore. He threatens to eat the cat if I don't take it from him. It's entertaining, but now I'm getting jabbed for being the cat killer who made Ryan climb a tree with his broken leg. I'm hoping my teacher finds it amusing. And that Ryan memorizes his lines. I need all the points I can get.

My quote for the day comef from English class. It's an example of litotes, or understatement.

One nuclear bomb can really ruin your whole day.

That it can. Something to think about. =]

No comments:

Post a Comment