Pages

Friday, September 5, 2008

100 Things You're Not Supposed to Know

I noticed that book on the bargain shelf of Barnes and Noble today, and how could I not resist flipping open the cover? Tempting title. Russ Kick (the author) knew what he was doing.

It was actually really interesting. The list included:

~The Korean War never actually ended (there was no treaty, just an armistice)
~Hitler's relatives are currently living in New York
~The code to access these nuclear weapons back in some war was 000000000 because nobody ever changed the preset.
~The Virginia colonists practiced cannibalism (Whoa, I'm back-checking that one)

A lot of it I doubted, especially after they said that sunscreen causes more cancer than UV radiation. Still, their explanations make me want to buy the thing.

Oh, and I found this book on Spanish grammar to explain subjunctive to me...does my teacher go out of her way to make stuff up?? Now I'm probably holding a D in that class thanks to my horrible quiz grade, and it's because she's teaching made-up fairy tale Spanish!! This is going to be a long year.

1 comment:

  1. I want to get that book! The 100 things one, not spanish lol. I took French, and I still remember things from that class. Yesterday at Publix I had a conversation in french with the bagboy.
    I've heard that sunscreen theory too! I find it hard to believe since I've been raised to always put on sunscreen, that the sun is bad, but I do know that people believe that. It's a natural medical theory...

    ReplyDelete