Pages

Saturday, February 14, 2009

Dollhouse

I watched this new show last night. My friend's been talking about it for months but he watches a lot of weird shows so I wasn't planning on watching it. The local paper ran a blurb on it and I thought the whole concept was intriguing.

It's about an organization that takes people and completely wipes out their memories and personalities, then imprints new personas on them, turning them into anything they want. People can "rent" them to do certain jobs. They're called "actives," or "dolls," and they live in this giant hotel-like place called the dollhouse.

The main character's name is Echo, and in last night's episode, she was hired to help with a kidnapping.

Overall, the concept is brilliant, kind of Stepford Wives-ish. It's interesting and has potential. I'm not sure if it will keep me watching for the rest of it's run, but I don't know what to make of it yet. I'm going to see what happens as the show progresses. Unfortunately, it's on a Friday night, so even though I have Tivo, that means the TV people aren't expecting it to go anywhere.

Juliana

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm...Haven't heard of it.

    Stopping by because I saw you comment on my cousin's blog! (Ranney Days)

    ReplyDelete