Pages

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Hot 'N Cold

I'm letting my 7-year-old cousin educate me on top 40 music. Ask me about any song on the billboard list in the last year, and I'll probably look at you blankly. My sister put "Disturbia," "So What," and "Hot 'n Cold" on her iPod.

The music video to Katy Perry's "Hot 'n Cold"...what? About as uninspired as the lyrics. I listened to a few more songs by her, and the lyrics to all of them are about as shallow as it gets.



My sister and her friend wanted to remake this video, so I let them use my camera and agreed to play the guy.

Her song's catchy and I like it, but there are so many songs from the golden days of music that are catchy and have good lyrics. Most of the great songs from the 80s have good music videos, too. I've been trying to keep up with top 40 so I know what people are talking about, but you won't find many of those songs on my iPod.

No comments:

Post a Comment