Pages

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Fishing for attention

I probably shouldn't laugh at this, but it makes me laugh every time.

funny-facebook-lilah-gone
see more Failbook

It's such a pet peeve of mine when people post stuff like this. I think if you were really desperate enough to commit suicide, you would just do it. You wouldn't tell everyone. If you broadcast it on Facebook of all places, it's because you want people to tell you how much they love you and you're really not going to do it. I know people who get too emotional and write stuff like this in statuses and it's usually in bad grammar. I always want to correct their grammar and say "If this is going to be your last status update, you might as well have made it a grammatically correct one."

I'm not insensitive. It's just like the boy who cried wolf. When people post a status like this one time in a serious situation, that's one thing. When they constantly post dramatic things like this, it's just fishing for attention.

Love,
Juliana

1 comment:

  1. I understand completely where you're coming from. People try to be dramatic and all they really want is for people to pay attention to them. And if someone is really gonna kill themself, why make their friends feel bad about it?

    ReplyDelete