Pages

Friday, February 19, 2010

One of 7 billion

I was thinking today about how many people are in the world. 7 billion. That's insane. I was thinking about how the population is growing so fast and technology is keeping people alive longer than ever, and there isn't room for everyone. That makes me feel like I don't belong here. I'm one of 7 billion. Who am I to take up space? What have I done to be any different from the other 7 billion out there?

Then I thought that maybe the whole way you earn your place among 7 billion is to make a difference in as many people's lives as possible. If someone's life was better just because they knew me, and someone else's life was better because they knew them, and it goes on, then the 7 billion lives aren't just short, disconnected blips in time but intertwining stories woven together by all the people they loved and all the people that loved them.

Love,
Juliana

No comments:

Post a Comment