Pages

Thursday, February 25, 2010

The Game

Basically, the Game is a mind game where the only way to win is not to think about the game. If you think about the game, you lose; therefore, there is no way to win because the only way to win is to play, the only way to play is to think about playing, and if you think about playing, you lose.

The first time I heard this, I thought it was a really funny and brilliant concept. There's a little attatchment though that gets very annoying, very fast.

When you think about the game, you are supposed to say out loud "I lost the game." The way people at my school follow that rule, you would think the Game police are monitoring their loyalty.

Now keep in mind, I go to a nerd school. Every single time you mention the word "game" in conversation, every time you say the word "winning" or the word "losing," someone has to interject with the completely pointless and immature statement: "I lost the game." Don't you think that would become annoying? When I'm talking to certain people, I actually have to dance around those words to stop them from mentioning it. When I forget and let cue words slip by, they inform me that because they just mentioned the game, I must have thought about it, and I must have lost it, too.

Shut up.
It doesn't bother me if I hear about it once in a while, it's funny at the right times, but when it becomes a random interjection in normal conversation, it makes me want to throw these kids into a normal high school and let them try out their game on normal kids. They will direct them back to the nearest elementary school playground.

Love,
Juliana

2 comments:

  1. If I didn't love you, I would be a jerk and say "Thanks, Juliana, now I've lost the game."

    Except I totally agree with you. At least you aren't in CS? Actually, I think it's more the MSE kids that play that religiously.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a good thing I love you because I would kick your ass for saying that. XD
    I don't mean to sound like I think I'm better than anyone or anything but like I say something about lacrosse and soneone has to say "thanks, now I lost the game." soo annoying.

    ReplyDelete