Pages

Thursday, February 25, 2010

I just want to ramble.

I want to go to bed or read my book or something, but my sister is watching TV in my room, so I have to wait for the episode to end...

I'm reading The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde and so far, I really like it. I was warned that it's dark, and I have yet to get to that part, but I like that it makes me think. There's this one character (Lord Henry, for anyone that's read it) who has this very hedonistic, cynical, and self-satisfied view of the world. Everything he says is a paradox.

"Laughter is not at all a bad beginning for a friendship, and it is far the best ending for one."

"There is only one thing in the world worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about."

"When I like people immensely, I never tell their names to any one. It is like surrendering a part of them."

"Nowadays most people die of a sort of creeping common sense, and discover when it is too late that the only things one never regrets are one's mistakes."

"People are very fond of giving away what they need most themselves."

I love this. I'm going to have so much fun writing my Extended Essay. I know it's going to get dark, and I'm waiting for it.

This post was pointless. I just wish I had someone to talk to right now who can make it through a conversation without interjecting with "I lost the game." Ooh, I have a new post idea.

Love,
Juliana

No comments:

Post a Comment