Pages

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Update!

Before I start rambling...the Blogger icon on the sign-in page is a piece of cake today, and it's making me want cake more than I already do.

Okay, so it's 11:51 AM right now, and I'm home because I'm sick. Fabulous, isn't it? And it's not that crippling kind of sick where I have a million symptoms and it would be stupid to go to school and sneeze all over everyone and spread it. No, my only symptoms are a headache that feels like I have a bike pump injected into my head and it starts inflating every time I move, and I am so tired that standing up for more than a few minutes makes me dizzy and I can feel my heart racing like supporting my weight is aerobic exercise...and my whole body just hurts.

That doesn't feel like enough of a reason for me to miss school for two days, so I feel so guilty. I have enough trouble staying awake on a normal day when I don't have a pounding headache and burning eyes, so I guess it was necessary. And not that I mind missing school. Haha, I felt victorious about missing yesterday. Today I had a test, an article to work on, and a heavy-note class where I have no friends to let me borrow notes. I'll pay for missing today.

Besides all that, the worst part of missing school is having time to wonder if anyone missed me.

Anyway, I haven't written on here in a while, and I have a lot to talk about.

1) R.I.P. Patrick Swayze. He's had pancreatic cancer for a while, and my sister's been sad for him. Whenever anyone mentions cancer, she asks if Patrick Swayze is still hanging in there. She asked just the other day, actually, and I told her he was. He died yesterday. Swayze was amazing. If you haven't seen Ghost or if I haven't already told you to see Ghost, see it. It's good.

2) I was at Barnes and Noble with my friend this weekend, and we were scanning the teen section looking at books that looked good and making fun of the ones that just looked stupid. It seemed like every other book we looked at was about vampires. There were so many Twilight-knock-off vampire books out, and I was like...who's reading these? We had a lot of time and decided to count them.

44. There were 44 vampire books and series over the front and back of one 15 foot long, 6 foot high bookcase. Yeah. 44. Most of these were series, so the actual number of books was probably twice that. It brings up three important questions: Who is writing these books, who is publishing them, and who is reading them? I really hate my generation. When I think about my generation, I think of scene kids, and I know I'm going to be embarrased to tell my chlidren I was a teenager at the same time as them:



Really? REALLY? What are they glaring at? They're staring in different directions, and it's not at the camera, so what? Did someone steal the middle girl with the two-toned gray hair's tiara and they're trying to use their laser vision to burn him? I wish I could puff my face out to look that angsty.

I got the picture from this article, which I think made my soul die. Oh my god, these kids are my sister's age. Turns out they like death glaring passers-by and recording their reactions. Really? I know the article's from Australia, but it's an American thing, too.

If you can't tell, I don't like the "teen subculture" thing. My sister and her friends label people goth and emo and it bothers me. These kids say they want to be individuals...so they do it by dressing to the rules of a pre-made template. That's so fake. If you want to be an individual, act like one.

"When people are free to do as they please, they usually imitate each other." -Eric Hoffer

3) "Gossip Girl" came back last night! It was a good episode. Now I'm back to having something to look forward to on Mondays. GG episodes always end on cliffhangers. I want to see what that Scott kid does next. I already know.

4) I'm tired and I have homework to do, so I'm stopping here. But in memory of Patrick Swayze, here's the video of "She's Like the Wind" from Dirty Dancing.



Love,
Juliana

7 comments:

  1. Aww, of course you were missed! XD

    And RIP Patrick Swayze! It's amazing he lived as long as he did with that disease. (Never underestimate the value of stubbornness!)

    Annnnddd now I want some cake.

    And Scribblenauts, woot woot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, I was so excited Gossip Girl was on last night! I didn't even realize it was starting again last night.


    What was up with that piece of cake?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tucker: I was missed? Missed by Ms. Davis and the kid who asks me for answers in math? I don't think anyone else cared I was gone. Haha. Thanks.

    Yaya: I think it was like their anniversary or birthday or something. It made me hungry anyway. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  4. I missed you ;_; I miss you even when you /are/ in school. We need a class together. Seriously. I don't even catch you at the lockers anymore!

    I can lend you my History notes. It may not be as /big/ as yours, but I'm confident that I have a decent amount of information. It might be a bit annoying to decipher the shorthand-crap I call handwriting, though.

    I hope you feel better soon ;_;

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Melissa! <3 And we totally need a class together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "I missed you ;_; I miss you even when you /are/ in school. We need a class together."

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tucker: Um...Necessary?

    Juliana: We have ToK together next semester, don't we?

    ReplyDelete