Pages

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

47-year-old singer get's Simon Cowell's approval

I just found this on my AIM homepage. This 47-year-old, Susan Boyle who lives with her cats, never been married or even kissed who doesn't seem like she can sing, does an amazing job on Britain's Got Talent. She was really great, and the never been kissed thing made this hit home for me. I never watch these shows, but the one thing I know is that Simon's a hardass, and even he showered her with encomiums.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lp0IWv8QZY

I love that everyone was rolling their eyes at her, but she proved them wrong and, at the end, they were all cheering for her. I love reading happy stories like this. I'm going to make the news shut up about the economy and throw some sunshine in there once in a while.

To bookend the sappiness:

"You can't stay in your corner of the Forest waiting for others to come to you. You have to go to them sometimes."
--Winnie the Pooh ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment