Pages

Thursday, May 27, 2010

To Sir with Love

Dear Mr. Crazy,

I am working on your lab right now and thinking of you. You know, the lab you assigned on the last day of your class and made due on the first day of exams. I am writing to tell you how much I enjoy figuring out how to make a distribution curve to compare the sizes of my classmates' earlobes. I feel that this is contributing to my education and my life in a profound way, and I would like to thank you for the opportunity to stay up late on a Thursday night and spend some quality time with Microsoft Excel. In the last year, the time I spent staring at weeds and drawing fish has given me a new appreciation for both nature and Crayola. There were times where I had you and your class on my mind for days intertwined with sleepless nights filled with dreams of aerobic respiration.

I need to make this letter short because my data table is calling me, but I wanted to tell you that I'm sorry we didn't get to spend more time together this year. I will be searching for you tomorrow at lunch to turn in this lab. It will no doubt be fantastic, considering how much respect I have for both you and this assignment. I hope in the future I have another chance to measure the earlobes of my classmates on the last day of school.

Sincerely,
The girl from 7th period, in the front row on the left

4 comments:

  1. Wow. That was brilliant! Did you actually send that to him?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I didn't haha. I was just venting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heh. That would have been cool if you had--anonymously of course!

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of my friends said he sent it anonymously to the teacher. I don't know if he was lying or not, but I believe he would do that. I'd like to think that he did. xD

    ReplyDelete