Pages

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Boys with Long Hair

I've talked about this before. My thoughts on the matter: So few guys can pull it off, but so many think they can.

Maybe it's just my own preference, but I think a guy has to be pretty damn special to pull off long hair. There's a very small percentage that can make it work, and it almost always has to be part of a look. If you are going for Fabio (i.e. Jared Leto), Heath Ledger in 10 Things I Hate About You, or Brad Pitt, you can make it work, but in my opinion, everyone else needs to reconsider. Chances are, they look more like Mitchel Musso.



But today's rant isn't about the adults who can make their own decisions. It's about the little five-year-olds you see and think "Is that a boy or a girl? Looks like a girl, but the spiderman sneakers say boy..." I saw three kids today, all looked exactly the same. Took me a few minutes to realize that one was a girl and two were boys.

I don't think that's a good thing to do to a kid. Gender identity is pretty important when you're that young, especially when a hairstyle can make the entire difference between gender identification. At least with adults, there are ways to tell male from female besides hair and clothes.



I tried to cover the picture many different ways and I still can't see him as a boy. He has pretty eyes though, doesn't he?

Love,
Juliana

1 comment: