Pages

Sunday, June 17, 2007

So I was in Colonial Williamsburg the other day. It's awesome there, like a cross between Yesteryear Village at the South Florida Fair and Wannado City, but colonial. Anyway, my family and I went to dinner one night at the King's Arms Tavern there. Basically it's a restaurant that's supposed to make you feel like you're in the 18th century. It's in an old colonial house and has these guys dressed like George Washington who sing and play the fiddle...and they make you sing along.

This 5 year old at the table next to us suggested that the guy play "Yankee Doodle." and then he made fun of me for not singing loud enough. Then, because I wasn't singing loud enough, this other guy was going to make me dance with him. Instead he made a speech about how, in the Colonial days, you had to dance with whomever asked you to, or you wouldn't be able to dance with the guy you wanted to dance with. Here's a picture of the restaurant and the George Washington guy. Anny thinks he looks like Lord Beckett, but I don't know who that is.


No comments:

Post a Comment