Pages

Monday, June 15, 2009

Face/Off

Go ahead and say I've lived a sheltered life, but this is by far the creepiest and most disturbing movie I've ever seen.



It stars Nicholas Cage as basically a terrorist who was responsible for a jillion crimes, assassinations, kidnappings, bombings, shootings. The FBI has been after him, and a certain FBI agent (John Travolta) with a personal vendetta against him SWITCHES FACES with the guy while he's in a coma to get on the inside of a planned bombing. That's the spoiler-free version. I'm going to talk about what actually happened, which isn't very spoilerific anyway since I could only watch the first 45 minutes of the movie before I ran out of the room.

I really wanted to know what happened, which is why I watched it as long as I did. I want to watch the rest of it now, but my mom took it back. My mom was the one who picked it. She doesn't read movie descriptions, she just sees actors' names and goes with it. Neither of us knew anything about it.

Don't read this if you don't want to know what happens in the first 45 minutes.

The cop puts the terrorist in a coma, accidentally. They decide that the only way to get his cohorts to talk and tell where the bomb he planted in an airport is, he has to become him. A plastic surgeon removes Nick Cage's face and Travolta's face, put's Cage's face on Travolta and saves Travolta's face in some liquid in a glass container for safekeeping so he could reverse the procedure later. The FBI agent is now in a maximum security prison where he gets tasered and has to wear heavy magnetic boots that the guards can lock down at any time.

Okay, now where I started to squirm. The terrorist wakes up from the coma. He has no face (which they showed and it was DISTURBING). He finds Travolta's face and realizes what happened to him, forces the plastic surgeon to put Travolta's face on him, and then pours gasoline over the surgeon and all other people involved and sets them on fire, along with all documents proving who's who. Making it irreversible.


It's actually pretty cool, and if you can handle stuff like this, you'd probably like it.

Love,
Juliana

No comments:

Post a Comment